SimilarImages is a utility program to analyze and search large media collections (images/videos) for near duplicates, meaning media showing the same thing but e.g. in different file formats, compression levels, sizes. SimilarImages first analyzes a file, generating a color/location footprint of a normalized thumbnail image of a file, and then compares these footprints. Analyzation results will be cached and stored on disk, so that subsequent runs become faster.
SimilarImages is a rather old tool I started developing a long time ago. While it does the job at hand fairly well, due to the legacy code base it is not feasible to develop new features or significantly improved matching without a major effort, one which I cannot provide at the moment. Hence there will be no significant new features, incl. Windows 64-bit (32-bit runs on 64-bit Windows), Mac OSX or Linux versions. You might however have luck with WINE.
Comments welcome; see the about site.
- Windows 32-bit/64-bit (x86) XP SP3 or later or compatible
- SSE2-capable CPU
- Image formats should work out of the box
- Processing media files requires either installing FFThumb (included in the installer) or the corresponding codecs.
- The optimized core.dll requires SSE3 capable CPU or better. The setup should choose the right version. If you run into trouble anyway, open the setup.exe in 7-zip and replace the installed core.dll with the smaller core.dll file from the setup.exe
- Stable (2013.11) SHA256: f63cd5da48c6fc51d38c53e35a0131ea9ccf5e780ff4749ecdfa179f15fcd7bf
- Stable (2013.03) SHA256: 33c241151faaaf5609ffc3bb9d888cd45e628ed2d021cb536bab85e3a5f3e0a6
- Old Stable (2012.12) SHA256: ef16e7e1cc8487fd9a3a18288b94e51c835c2755759a5f2efa68772183ffaf0e
- Old Stable (2006.03) SHA1: aab0d6e3c4f03fa1de5fbcf60132d9dbaf21dc93
- Old Beta (2010.09) SHA1: d27b38543a6485f58933779b7b738fbac78d0f2b
Show your appreciation
Please consider a donation to Mozilla, the EFF, the Tor Project or Creative Commons. If you're German, consider a donation to the Chaos Computer Club/Wau-Holland-Stiftung.
If you like you could also paypal me some money to my @web.de address.
Copyright © 2013 Nils Maier, https://tn123.org/ Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.