FastPreview — A PicaView replacement
FastPreview was created in need of a usable "PicaView" replacement which was discontinued at the time.
It is now a pretty handy tool to display images in a fast manner and is an alternative to the functionality Windows has built-in.
Furthermore people that want to display metadata attached to images will love it.
Also, it offers shell (e.g. Windows Explorer) thumbnailing capabilities.
- Fast Viewer - Showing the image incl. different scaling types and JPEG rotations
- Images are scaled to fit the screen when opened.
- Lots of supported file types
- Shell integration - Integrates into File Context Menus
- Configurable dimensions of the preview
- Shell integration - Integrates into File Properties Pages showing:
- Adobe eXtensible Metadata Language (XMP) information
- Exif Camera/Image information
- IPTC Media information
The "normal" 32-bit version. Try this one first, if in doubt
Windows Vista/7 or later 64-bit (requires SSE3 capable CPU)
The x64 version contains shell integration for x86/32bit as well.
- Windows Vista, 7 or later - 32bit or 64bit (AMD64)
- SSE2 capable CPU
- x86_64 requires furthermore a SSSE3 capable CPU.
Source code and issues
If you'd like to have the source code or would like to report a problem, then head over to:
The MIT License (MIT) Copyright © 2006-2014, Nils Maier Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.